Bayer HealthCare’s aim is to discover and manufacture innovative products that will improve human and animal health. Our products enhance well-being and quality of life by diagnosing, preventing and treating disease.
Bayer HealthCare represents over half of the Bayer business in New Zealand1 and has three focus areas:
Bayer Pharmaceuticals is our specialty pharmaceutical business concentrating on:
- Women’s Health - primarily contraceptives
- General Medicine - prescription products for general practitioners or specialists in areas such as pulmonary hypertension, erectile dysfunction and venous thromboembolism
- Specialty Medicine - treatments to improve the quality of life for sufferers of diseases such as multiple sclerosis, haemophilia and certain types of cancer
- Diagnostic Imaging - products to enhance imaging in xray, CT, MRI and ultrasound
Bayer Consumer Care is a highly regarded provider of over-the-counter (OTC) medications and nutritional supplements. Our products help improve the health and wellness of consumers, and include vitamins and supplements, skin relief, gastrointestinal and anti-fungal treatments. Some of our top brands are: Berocca®, Canesten®, Bepanthen®, Elevit®, Menevit® and Losec®.
Bayer Animal Health produces products for both companion and farm animals. Cat and dog owners rely on our leading products such as Advocate®, Advantage® and Drontal® to control parasites including fleas and worms. We also help farmers to protect the health of their sheep, cattle, pigs, horses and other livestock from parasites and infectious diseases. As well as farm hygiene products we have a significant number of key brands including: Baycox®, Baymec®, Racumin®, and Zapp Encore® Pour On.
1. Based on total revenue 2011 Australia and New Zealand