A great place to work
Bayer offers competitive benefits and development programs that bring out your best.
Rewarding you for a job well done
- Competitive base salary and generous incentives We make sure your base salary is competitive against the external market and that it reflects your contribution. You have flexibility in determining how your base salary is paid each month. This may involve paying extra into superannuation, taking advantage of our matched payroll giving or financing a vehicle through a novated lease.
- Flexible motor vehicle options If part of your package, you have the flexibility to take this benefit as either a fully maintained company car or a car allowance.All employees are eligible to use their pay to take a novated lease.
Nurturing the leader in you
We invest in our leaders so they can be the best they possibly can be. By being authentic, human and vulnerable our leaders inspire our teams to reach for more than they thought possible. Everyone has the opportunity to lead at Bayer.
Our approach to developing exceptional leaders focuses on your personal and intrinsic qualities. Going beyond professional training, we offer valuable work-life coping skills and self-reflection techniques on the impact your leadership makes.
Looking after you
Our business is all about health. So it makes sense for us to have a range of benefits that look after you, not just as an employee but as a whole person.
- Employee Assistance Program Our EAP is a confidential counselling service available to Bayer employees and their immediate family members. Sessions can be conducted in person or over the phone and can cover a wide range of personal and work related issues including relationships, dealing with stress, addiction and grief. Apart from these it’s worth remembering that the EAP can also assist with building your skills in the areas of communication styles, improving resilience and managing your career more effectively.
- Flu shots are available in each of the major sites with the onset of winter each year
- Fitness and yoga classes are organised from time to time during the year
- Wellness days featuring services from skin checks, healthy heart checks, bone density screening and lung function tests, to vision screening, posture checks, podiatry checks and nutrition advice.
- Bite-sized development sessions are held at major sites covering topics as “Dealing with stress” and “In pursuit of happiness”.
- Wellness rebate for remote staff We offer a rebate of $100 to remote staff for goods and services spent promoting their health and wellbeing
Time for what’s important to you
Bayer has a number of ways to allow you to make the most of your time.
- ME days ME days are five days additional leave intended to be taken as single days (or half days) – to allow you to do something special for YOU. In order to be eligible, you need to keep your annual leave balance below 20 days.
- Purchased leave If you need more than the standard four weeks annual leave per year, you can purchase up to four additional weeks. The cost is spread out as salary deductions across the year and you can take the leave at any time that works for you and your manager.
- Paid parental leave Bayer provides twelve weeks paid parental leave for the primary caregiver of a new baby. We also provide two weeks paid leave for partners.
- Flexible working arrangements Flexibility is our default position. Our Flexiples program supports everyone to explore flexible working arrangements such as start/ finish hours, part-time work and working from home.
- GIVE program If you are passionate about making a difference in the community we live in, our GIVE program allows you to spend one day per year doing volunteering work in the community. In addition, we offer community grants, match employee fundraising, provide a payroll giving scheme and partner with a number of organisations to improve people’s quality of life. Read more
Get involved, Enjoy staff benefits
There are a number of little added extras and special ways to recognise that your efforts are valued. Ask us about our:
- Social club
- Staff shop
- Onsite parking
- Applause peer recognition
- Service awards
- Employee referral bonuses
- Ambition communities Wherever you work at Bayer, you have the opportunity to join an Ambition community. These are voluntary, grass-roots communities that have at their core the passion to make positive change in our organisation